As of now, Obby-Craft is whitelisted only. Due to the lagg of player interest, the large amount of maintenace it took, I romoved most of the plugins my servers were running on.
So all protection plugins, etc are gone. Without these protection plugins the chance of players griefing each other is growning. Because playing minecraft, for me, is still a form of relaxation, I chose to make my server whitelisted and only to accept my former Legitplay buddies.
Because most of us knew each other well enough I can assume that griefing between each other is out of the question. With a small group of friends, all kind of plugins (teleporting etc) to get through the world wont be necessary either. Without all that burden, we all have more time to play, chat with each other, have fun, remember the old days, etc, etc
If there are any suggestions, I am willing to listen.
Obby-Craft.net Discord/Chat rules
- No spamming or flooding the chat with messages. Do not type in ALL CAPS.
- No text walls or a large paragraphs of text. Make a thread on the forum or use Pastebin/Pastie to post a large block of text.
- No bashing or heated arguments to other people in the chat.
- No adult (18+), explicit, or controversal messages.
- No racist or degrading content (racial terms are not allowed).
- No excessively cursing.
- No advertising other sites/discord servers (Permission must be requested from Staff).
- No referral links.
- No begging or repeatedly asking for help in the chat, please keep question in the #help-support channel or the forums. Repeatingly asking basic questions will lead to administative action
- No offensive names.
- Inviting unofficial bots is NOT ALLOWED without administrative aproval, any bots that are found will be INSTANTLY BANNED without warning.
- Do not use the @everyone / @here ping without permission.
- Do not perform or promote the intentional use of glitches, hacks, bugs, and other exploits that will cause an incident within the community and other players.
- Do not cause a nuisance in the community, repeated complaints from several members will lead to administrative action.
- Do not argue with staff. Decisions are final.
Voice Chat-Specific Rules
- No voice chat surfing or switching channels repeatedly.
- No annoying, loud or high pitch noises.
- Reduce the amount of background noise, if possible. Resort to push to talk in your settings to reduce the issue.
- You will be removed if sound quality is poor to other members.
Bot Specific Rules
- Do not spam commands.
- Do not use the bot to play loud music.
- Do not play music over 30 minutes long
- Do not use macros, hacks, etc with the bot.
- Do not add any commands.
*Please be advised if the Bot is taking a long time to process a command, please wait until it's processed*
*Intentionally Breaking the Bot, will lead to an instant ban.*
I thought someone has to start, so why wouldn't it be me. Here we go....
Coderunner47 in the flesh. I started playing minecraft on version 1.7.9 formaly known as obiku19. So minecraft wise not an old player, while in RL I am.:/ nvm.
My first time online was on a server which has died in 2015.
After that server died, I was driven to start my own server. I can tell you all... it aint easy, but it is fun.
Although this server disallows having alt-accounts I myself have 2 accounts Coderunner47 (like my forum account) is a regular player account, while AgentSmith71 is my servers admin account.
Hmm, forgot to mention, I'm from the Netherlands.